The Very Latest You'd Find At The New Blog!

Friday, July 22, 2011

All Because of Photography

This is my attempt at fiction based on The Red Dress Club's Red Writing Hood prompt:


Write a short fiction or non-fiction piece inspired by any or all of the photo below. Word limit: 400 words.


All Because of Photography

Bloody hell, how do you use these things?  Those photography blogs made it look so easy!  So easy that I was stupid enough to tell him that photography was my ‘thing’ and thought I could get away with it. 

But how else could I get his attention?  We’ve passed each other at least a few dozen times on the way to class.  He never gave me any sign he was aware of my existence!  I was beginning to feel hopeless when finally… FINALLY…I ran into him while running errands for my dad. 

He was looking at some photography magazinesQuick, think of something!  I made my way towards him, cleared my throat and said, “Excuse me, can you pass me that magazine there?”  The magazine that ‘happened’ to be directly in front of him. 

When he looked up, I swore I had stopped breathing.  I tried to look calm—as if meeting a 6’2” gorgeous hunk with eyes as blue as that shoes I just bought at H&M was nothing out of the ordinaryHis eyes widened with recognition, his lips smiled the smile I had dreamt of for, oh, a zillion times.

“Hey, don’t we go to the same school?”

I said, “Really…?  Now that you’ve mentioned it…”

“Did you want this magazine over here?”  He passed me the magazine I had asked earlier.

“Um, yeah, thanks.”

“Are you into photography?  If you are, that’s awesome!  I don’t know many girls who’re into photography.”  He looked at me expectantly.

Well yeah, but I don’t usually tell people about it…” Oh my God, tell me I didn’t just say that!

“Cool!  Listen, I go to the park on Sundays with my camera.  Wanna join me?”

My big mouth answered, “Sure, that would be fun.” 

“Here, give me your number, and I’ll call you to confirm time and place?”

I gave him my phone number.

“Sorry, I didn’t get your name…” Oh.My.God, he blushed!!!

“It’s Rose.  But my friends call me Rosie.”

“Nice to meet you, Rosie.  I’m Gabe.”  I know.

“Hi, Gabe.”  I was SO going to melt into a puddle right there.

I deliberately made my way to the cashier, paid for the magazine.  I was going to exit the door when he called out, “I’ll call you!”

I did not reply, just waved back at him like the cool girl that I was.

Well, that’s how I got into the mess I’m in right now.  Not only had I spent all my savings on buying not one, but two cameras, but I also had no idea on how to use them, even after spending hours trying to understand those useless manuals. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, what am I going to do??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've taken the Pledge. Have you?