The Very Latest You'd Find At The New Blog!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Token of Remembrance

This week's RemembeRed prompt:  Conjure something in 100 words.  An object, a person, a feeling, a color, a season- whatever you like.  But don’t tell us what it is.


They came in shades of pink.  My favorite.
Petals so soft, like whispers, blushed shyly from where they nestled against the leaves.
Like a bride on her wedding day.
Enchanted, my lips began to form a smile; a contented sigh on the brink of escape.

“... I don’t love you... I haven’t, for a long time...”

Flimsy whims shattered like broken glass.
Their jagged edges pierced through my skin, shooting pains and despair into my veins.
One pink bloom for every empty promise.  A token of remembrance for a love long gone.
On top, a store printed card that dared me to defy...

“Happy Anniversary”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've taken the Pledge. Have you?