The Very Latest You'd Find At The New Blog!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

To All My Blogging Friends


Some of you might have already known about my marital struggles, particularly in the last six months.  However, just like most things in life, there comes a time when you have to make a decision.  It was not a decision that was easy to make, but I believed it was for the best, given what has happened despite efforts from both sides in the last few months.  I have decided to separate from my husband.

To consciously end a twelve year-relationship with someone you love is painful, and to me it feels like a certain death.  For this reason, I hope you would understand that for the next few days (or weeks) I might not be able to blog as I normally would.  Writing has been cathartic to me, and the love and support that I've received from all my friends here in the blogging world have carried me a long way in giving me the much-needed strength and convictions.  But as of right now, I am finding it difficult to write about anything really.

Please know that your friendships mean so much to me, and that it is my sincere hope that you all would still be here when I return.  I'm very much aware that in blogging, you have to give as much as you take.  I apologize beforehand if for the time being I am unable to 'give' as much as I 'take.'  Rest assured, I have not, and will not forget all my blogging friends during my hiatus.

If I may, I'd like to ask you to leave me a note, anything... here in the comments form.  I may or may not reply, I don't know, but for sure I will read it and it will mean SO much to me.  It doesn't matter if you've already commented before, please feel free to come back and leave me a message to let me know that I have not lost your friendship.  Even if it's just to say the same thing all over again.  Know that your words give me the comfort and strength that I very much need to get through this difficult time.

Love,
Sweaty

6 comments:

  1. I know this is such a difficult time... Praying for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet friend, I was thinking of you this morning and composing the email, the tweet.."where are you Sweaty?" But I guess I should have known that you not being around was not good news. I am so sorry that I wasn't here.

    Sweaty, you are strong, emotional and have the biggest heart of anyone I know. I know how this has to feel for you, a loss so great it might as well be a death...of love, of the fairytale, of the dream of a forever love...and that hurts me as much as it hurts you. My insides are aching with the though of how you are hurting...I know there is very little I can do, this journey is one you need to take , but you don't need to be alone even if itks words sent too you with a keyboard.

    I adore you! I am always here, I am praying that very soon the hole in your heart is filled up with the admiration and sparkle of someone who cherishes you.

    I am so sorry , please keep your heart comfortable and come find me...when/if you need me. I love u xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sweaty,
    I read often but don comment too often but in this case just want you to know that you and your honest and heartfelt posts will be missed for now, but will be so welcome when they return. I can't imagine the pain you are in. I can't imagine having to make the decision you've made. But I understand that what you need is love and support. So I'm sending you virtual hugs and friendship. Hold your loved ones extra tight right now! And take good care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been such a huge support for me more than you know and I've cherished every kind word you've given me I hope now I can return the favor. It is a hard long road ahead but my dear friend we are all here for you! It will be okay it does get better. There is light at the end of the tunnel (even when you might feel like it's just a train wreck) Sending you big hugs!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweaty, I am so sorry you have to go through this. I hope you'll reach out if you need anything at all, and know we'll still be here all along the way. I don't "know" you, but I care about you and wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend.
    I think of you often.
    I hope you know deep down how very strong you are!
    Grieve this loss.
    Take your time.
    But don't forget how wonderful you are. How sweet, funny, generous, and selfless you are.
    Know that you deserve happiness.

    ReplyDelete

I've taken the Pledge. Have you?