The Very Latest You'd Find At The New Blog!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Life Lessons Friday



1)  I made a promise to myself, to always believe in and be supportive of my daughter's abilities.  Yet many times she has proven herself in ways that made me realize just how often I had unintentionally underestimated her.

2)  God's timing is always perfect.

3)  There are actually people out there, 'friends' I've never met, who would go out of their way to help me out.  Time and time again I was rendered speechless by the level of kindness and sincerity they've shown me.

4)  It sucks to find out, that even on those rare occasions when I successfully deluded myself into thinking that I was a good writer, there was always somebody better.  F*cking hell.

5)  Just when I thought blogging was such hard work, I found out that it's actually... even harder.

6)  The other day I complained to Mr. LA about how much I hated all the blatant sucking up that some bloggers (don't worry, it's not you) were doing, and how differently they treated the big names from the little names.  Mr. LA said, "Guess what?  That sounds like life to me."

Ah, maybe that's why I don't have a life.

7)  You don't die from a broken heart.  Or at least, not right away.

8)  It is possible for an almost-seven year-old to be the one to teach you how to play chess.

9)  There comes a point in your life when elastic-waist pants suddenly makes sense.

10)  Don't name your blog Do Sweat the Small Stuff with an equally long web address: http://dosweatthesmallstuffblog.blogspot.com/

Why?  Try typing that 15-20 times.  Know what I mean??

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing writer don't worry about being better or worse than anyone else because you have you're own personal style that people love! And also instead of typing your blog name over and over try copy and paste thats what I do ;)

    ReplyDelete

I've taken the Pledge. Have you?