The Very Latest You'd Find At The New Blog!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweaty, the Mama Bear.

Yesterday night, I was in Miss Chatterbox room when I found this note on her desk.  It was a note addressed to her friend, Chloe.  Miss Chatterbox and Chloe have been friends since they were in preschool together three years ago, and my daughter has always considered Chloe her 'best-friend.'  

Until now, that is.
Translation:  

Dear Chloe, 
I am sorry.  But I know you like Annika, okay?
I will let you play and be her best friend.
I will find another be[st friend].

I know that I'm the Mommy, and I'm supposed to be all mature, level-headed, and all that.  But boy, did I want to kick Chloe's butt right that instance for hurting my little baby's feelings!!!  (Yeah, real mature there, Sweaty).

While my head realized that this was just a fact of life that my almost-seven years old daughter needed to learn to accept, my heart couldn't help but be broken for her too.  My 'mama-bear' instinct automatically kicked in... I wanted to protect her from anyone who hurt her, even if that someone was just another almost-seven year old pooper booger minx bumbledom little girl.  Knowing how children are, for all I know they're probably already back to being best-friends again by now.  But still...  it's difficult to see your child's feelings being hurt.

Well, as Mr. LA always said, he better get that shotgun ready because the day when I would tell him to shoot some boy's ass might come a lot sooner than I thought.  LOL. 

Linking up with:

Live and Love...Out Loudparenting BY dummiesPhotobucketbabybabylemon

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sweaty that's tough..and Chloe..we can all beat her up if you like (totally kdding!!!!! ;) I worry all the time of my sons not being liked or shunned or made fun of because of something I do. This kind of note would break my heart and I hope u hugged her extra tight and toldher the HELL with Chloe and she is everything she needs to be right now. Hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete

I've taken the Pledge. Have you?