The Very Latest You'd Find At The New Blog!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

To Kirsten, My Friend, With Love.

In the short five months that I’ve been blogging, I have come to know amazing individuals, who despite my anonymity and status as a new blogger, were brave and kind enough to offer me their support and friendships. Some comes and goes; but there are also those who, time and time again, prove that they truly care. I am proud to call them my friends.

A lot of blogging has to do with writing, but I believe in the soul that is behind the writing. I’ve been blown away by the skills of many, who wove words so beautifully in their blog posts and comments. But once in a while, I came across a certain individual and found myself deeply affected, inspired, changed by this person.

One of those people is Kirsten, from The Kir Corner.  If you haven’t had the privilege to know her, please, go over to her blog right now, follow her, and make sure you subscribe to her posts.  Trust me, you won’t regret it. You can find the details about her here.
But that’s not what I really want to tell you.

Those of you who are familiar with Kirsten, or Kir, would undoubtedly agree with me that she is like a ray of sunshine on rainy days.  When I first read her posts, I couldn’t help but be drawn to her positivity, her smile and sincerity, and LOVE.  Over time, it continues to be apparent in every single thing that she does.  

Truly, Kir wears her heart on her sleeves, and by doing that, she has touched my life in countless ways she might not be aware of.  THIS is what I want to tell you about Kir.  The gentle and loving soul behind a blog, whom you might or might not ever meet face to face, but would regardless make a lasting mark in your lives.

I couldn’t put it in a better way than what Kir herself wrote in one of her posts, A Soft Place to Land: “… I take in all the smiles, the memories of each one… I only wanted to give them something to be happy about... I take great pride in that…. I love being the soft place for their hearts to land.”
Thank you, Kir, for writing this piece for me. It would always be ‘our’ thing, a treasure stored in the deep recesses of my heart, and one I would take out to showcase and admire from time to time.

Read Kir's guest-post, The Almost Happy Ending, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've taken the Pledge. Have you?